Continuous production of refined chemical products is allowed by synthesis reactions of different forms including gas-solid reactions and gas-fluid-solid reactions pushed forward by catalysts in fixed bed reactors.
The advantages of a fixed bed reactor are listed as following:
① A less amount of backmixing is enabled from the effective exposure of the fluid to the catalyst. And a wider selection of reaction products is realized when side tandem reactions happen.
②A less mechanical loss is achieved.
③A simpler structure is provided.
The drawbacks of the fixed bed reactor are:
①Poor thermal conduction performance that leads to temperature run-away even in tube reactors given that a large amount of heat generated.
②Inconveniences posed by the special characteristic of non-replacement of the catalyst whose frequent regeneration is requested in certain reactions where the fixed bed reactor is replaced by a fluid one or movable one.
The self-developed continuous catalytic reaction technologies and catalysts are as follows:
* High-purity chloroacetic acid continuous catalytic production technology and special 1% platinum-carbon catalyst (sprills) that runs steadily for over 2500h.
* N-isopropyl-4-fluoroaniline continuous catalytic production technology and special catalyst that runs steadily for over 2200h with a speed of 0.50~0.67g/(g*h). The yield rate is more than 95% and defluorination rate is less than 0.1%.
* The fourth generation of new refrigerant production technology and special catalyst of 0.3%Pd/Al2O3.
* 2,5-dichloroaniline continuous selective hydrogenation technology and special platinum-carbon catalyst of 5kg that runs steadily with a dechlorination rate less than 0.1%.
* 3,5-dimethylpiperidines continuous production technology and special catalyst of 3%Ru/C that is running steadily for over 1500h with a speed of 0.34h-1. The conversion rate is more than 99.5%, the chromatographic yield is more than 99%, and the inverse ratio is ranged between 87:13 and 83:17.
* Special propane dehydrogenation catalyst
* Special 2,5-dimethyl pyrazine catalyst
* Special 1,2-difluoroethanol catalyst